*And why you lose business by not growing your email list*
I hear you, email marketing….? Seriously??
Yes, seriously friend.
Thousands of small business owners, influencers, large companies, and even stay at home moms with a side hustle are KILLING it with their business by harnessing the power of email marketing.
Here are some hard truths about email marketing that every single business owner should know:
- Building your community through email marketing is the number one way to generate sales. Not even joking. Here’s why. When someone signs up to be your pen pal, that is a bigger commitment to the relationship than following you on social media. If you are nurturing your relationship with your email subscribers, your open and click rates will be amazing, you will win their trust, and they will more than likely purchase from you because they feel like they have a personal connection to you and your business.
- While social media is necessary, you do not own your followers. Ouch. There have been lots of businesses who solely built their business on the back of their social media profiles… guess what happens when their account gets majorly hacked? All of those followers disappear, and what took years to grow and cultivate just went down the cyber drain.
- Email marketing takes just as much time and intention as social media marketing. You need a strategy that is built around your overarching goals in your business. The same approach and intention that you take growing your social media community needs to be the same intention you show you email subscribers.
- Treat your email subscribers like they are your A-List. Because they are… let them in on deals that you don’t offer anyone else. Let them see products first. Take them on your business building journey. After all, they are the ones that are the most invested in your business.
- Your emails need to have the same brand voice and branding as your social media marketing. I wince when I see brands killing it on social media with their brand voice, their enthusiasm, their visual branding, their posting consistency and then their email subscribers have to read boring copy that the business owner threw together at the last second so that they could make a couple hundred bucks.
- Automate your email marketing like you automate your social media platforms and Pinterest pins. We like to use Klaviyo for email marketing. But there are several other email marketing companies to choose from.
Building your brand and scaling your business through email marketing doesn’t have to be hard. Our team works alongside small business owners, large companies, starts up, influencers and creatives every single day. Our mission is to help you build a trustworthy brand so you can make more money and live life on our terms.
If you are ready to get started with leveling up your online presence with Email Marketing, Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started today!